Homemade Strawberry Soda is a refreshing drink that’s healthier than most store bought soda.
I don’t know about you, but our grocery stores are exploding with fresh strawberries right now and we’re loving it! From eating them by the handful, to making syrups, homemade fruit roll-ups, sauces and baking with them we just can’t get enough. We made a large batch of strawberry syrup for the red layer of our red white and blue popsicles last week, and started brainstorming ways to use the leftover syrup.
Pancakes was an obvious one that we totally enjoyed, but then we decided to try adding it to a drink. My kids don’t drink store bought soda. I’m not a fan of the high fructose corn syrup and other chemicals soda is usually full of so it’s just not something I buy. Since they haven’t had it, they don’t miss it 🙂 . But, the bubbles can be fun to drink so I decided to make our own healthier version of Strawberry Soda.
It was simple to make and quite refreshing to drink poolside. Here’s the recipe so you can make some too!
Homemade Strawberry Soda
This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and nut free. It makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 lb strawberries ripe, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups sparkling water chilled
- Add the strawberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water to a saucepan, and mix together.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes, or until the strawberries are very soft.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the strawberries into a heat safe container through a strainer to separate most of the seeds out.
- Let the strawberry mixture cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour your sparkling water into a pitcher.
- Add 1/2 cup strawberry syrup and stir well to combine.
- Serve over ice.