Have you ever experienced a night when dinner time is fast approaching and you realize you don’t have the ingredients of whatever dish you were planning to make? If you’re like me this happens a lot and it often results in new recipes. I developed this Apple Chicken recipe by accident one night when I had limited ingredients in the house and had to make dinner. Now three years later, it’s a family favorite and the best part is that it’s healthy and very simple to make. As always, it’s gluten free and dairy free and for those with additional allergies it is also egg free, soy free, and nut free.
The recipe is quite simple to make. It has four ingredients and it takes 35 minutes to cook.
Gluten Free Apple Chicken Dinner
This simple gluten free dinner has only four ingredients and is simple to make.
- 1 lb organic skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 organic Fuji apples
- 1.5 cups organic low sodium GF chicken broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Add chicken and sear it, turning it every 1-2 min so that the outside is white (not brown).
- While chicken is searing, peel apples and cut into cubes.
- Once chicken is seared on all sides, add chicken broth and apples to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes until chicken and apples are fork tender and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve the apples as is or place cooked apples in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a robust, chunky apple salsa.
- Pull chicken for little eaters or keep it whole for adults and serve the apple salsa on top with some of the chicken broth for extra flavor.