St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow and we’ll be starting the day off with a dairy free shamrock shake! I know what you’re thinking, ice cream for breakfast? But, this is no ordinary shamrock shake. First of all it’s dairy free and pretty healthy, and second of all it doesn’t actually contain ice cream. What??? I know, mind blown because it’s Ahhhmazing.
How simple is it to make? Well, I just realized that I needed a green themed beverage for my kiddos tomorrow and whipped this up from start to finish in 10 minutes….so I’d say that’s super simple! Here’s the recipe so you can make one too! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
Dairy Free Shamrock Shake
- 2 cup of fresh spinach
- 2 cup of frozen sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk or non dairy free milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- whipped dairy free topping you can use my 2-ingredient frosting with honey
- 1/4 cup cookie crumbles optional
- A few green sprinkles optional
- Blend up your spinach and 1/4 cup almond milk
- Add in your bananas and the other 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Blend until smooth. You'll probably have to scrape down the sides after a minute and then blend one more time.
- Pour in serving glass and place in the freezer for 10 minutes while you make the toppings.
- Crush 3 of your favorite chocolate cookies. This is easy to do inside of a sealed plastic bag with the bottom of a glass or tupperware). Set aside.
- Remove the shake from the freezer, add a layer of cookie crumbles.
- Top with frosting and if you like you can also sprinkle on a few green sprinkles for extra flare.
The peppermint extract goes a long way, so if you're multiplying the recipe, don't multiply the peppermint extract. Instead, taste test it and if you feel it needs more than the 1/4 tsp, then add 1/4 tsp at a time until it has the perfect minty flavor you're looking for.
If you want to use my frosting recipe, you can find the 2-ingredient frosting recipe here.