Apple Chicken Dinner
I developed this Apple Chicken dinner recipe by accident one night when I had limited ingredients in the house and had to make dinner. Now three years later, it’s a family favorite and the best part is that it’s healthy and very simple to make. As always, it’s gluten free and dairy free and for those with additional allergies it is also egg free, soy free, and nut free.
Gluten Free Apple Chicken Dinner
- 1 lb organic skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 organic Fuji apples
- 1.5 cups organic, low sodium GF chicken broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Add chicken and sear it, turning it every 1-2 min so that the outside is white (not brown).
- While chicken is searing, peel apples and cut into cubes.
- Once chicken is seared on all sides, add chicken broth and apples to skillet. It should look like this:
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes until chicken and apples are fork tender and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Place cooked apples in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a robust, chunky apple salsa.
- Pull chicken for little eaters or keep it whole for adults and serve the apple salsa on top with some of the chicken broth for extra flavor.