My daughter and I had so much fun making these Strawberry White Chocolate Hearts together! She was so excited with the way they turned out that she wants to make more for her friends on Valentine’s Day, which is just so sweet. They’re simple to make, taste delicious and are fun to make with your little ones. The story of how they came to be is one I thought I’d share since there’s no stopping a determined mother.
I wanted to make some cupcakes topped with heart sprinkles in the lead up to Valentine’s Day. The problem was that I couldn’t find any in stores that were gluten free and dairy free. I even called several manufacturers and no luck. But, I wasn’t going to let that stop me. I knew that if I could find a gluten free and dairy free white chocolate that I could make our own version and that’s just what we did.
First, I searched online for a tiny ice cube heart tray. Next, I searched for gluten free and dairy free white chocolate and found No Whey Chocolate. We’d never tried them before, but I like that they are gluten free, nonGMO and free of the top 8 allergens, including dairy.
Once they arrived, the fun began. Of course we had to taste the chocolate first and let me tell you it was truly delicious! Next we made solid color hearts in white, light pink and dark pink. Then we decided to see what happened if we added drops of the strawberry syrup to the spread out white chocolate and it made beautiful swirls. Here are the simple instructions.
Strawberry White Chocolate Hearts
- 5 No Whey Polar Dream White chocolate bars
- 1 tbsp strawberry syrup can be substituted with natural red food coloring
Directions for the 3 solid color hearts (white, light and dark pink):
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Split it into three bowls.
- Add 1-2 drops of strawberry syrup to the first bowl (Gluten Free on a Shoestring has an awesome recipe) and mix to make it light pink.
- Add 3-4 drops to the next bowl and mix to make the darker pink.
- Set half of the white bowl aside to make the swirl hearts later.
- Pour them into a heart ice cube tray.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Pop them out of the tray silicon trays make this very easy) and use to decorate cupcakes or eat them by themselves.
Directions to make the pink swirl hearts:
- Pour the remaining melted white chocolate into a cookie sheet.
- Add one drop of strawberry syrup in three different locations and use a spoon to swirl it around.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Use a heart shaped veggie cutter or cookie cutter to make the hearts.
You can find No Whey Polar Dream Chocolate Bars Here.
Find the Recipe I used for Strawberry Syrup at Gluten Free On a Shoestring