GF Frozen Chocolate Banana Treats
Chocolate covered banana almond butter sandwich treats…yes please!
Sometimes you just need a little chocolate…or at least we do! I love finding ways to get our daughter cooking in the kitchen, and this was a really fun, messy and memorable recipe we made last weekend. It’s also a healthy dessert, so you don’t have to feel bad about giving them seconds when they ask (because they will).
- Sliced bananas
- GF, dairy free chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life & Chocolate Dream)
- Ground almonds
- Organic shredded coconut
- Rainbow sprinkles (we like India Tree because they use vegetables to color the sprinkles rather than chemical dyes)
- Almond butter (we like Barney Butter)
- Slice the bananas.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Add almond butter layer between two banana slices.
- Dip in chocolate or drizzle on top with a spoon.
- Sprinkle any of the three toppings on top.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
Toddler Twist: Remember to keep portion size in mind. Adults might like a half to a whole banana, while toddlers like the smaller 2-bite sizes. Dress up the toothpicks too for some added fun. My daughter loves princesses, so we used toothpicks with tiaras on top.