I don’t know about you, but it feels like this has been the hottest summer in years! Finding ways to cool the kids down when they come in from playing outside is a priority at our house, and these Strawberry Pear Popsicles have been a big hit. They’re gluten free, dairy free, healthy with no added sugar, and of course yummy!
This is a recipe that’s simple enough for kids to help make too, so get them involved and have some FUN.
Strawberry Pear Popsicles
- 10 strawberries
- 2 pears, medium
Yes, that’s it! Requires a food processor or blender and a popsicle mold tray (ice cube trays work well too).
- Wash your fruit.
- Peel ripe pears and cut into chunks. If the pears are not ripe, steam the pear slices first and then add to food processor.
- Cut off the stems of the strawberries and slice in half.
- Place the strawberries and pear into a food processor and blend until you have a smooth puree.
- Add the pureed mixture to a popsicle tray and place it in the freezer for 4-8 hours, depending on freezer and popsicle size.
- Makes 16 oz. Double or half the recipe for larger or smaller popsicles.
Suggestion: If you’re making these for toddlers, keep serving size in mind and get a smaller popsicle tray. Our daughter is a big fan of princesses these days, so we purchased a Koji ring popsicle tray that works very well. It’s silicone, so no worries about freezing plastic, and each mold holds about an ounce.
Creative Twist: If you’d like them to come out in two colors, puree the strawberries and pear separately. Add the pear to your popsicle tray first and fill half way. Put them in the freezer and once they’re frozen fill the remaining top half of the popsicle tray with the strawberry puree.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.