Red White & Blue Strawberries are sure to be a hit at your 4th of July celebrations!
The 4th of July is almost here and I love making my meal as festive and patriotic looking as possible! It’s such a special day for people all over the country to get together and celebrate America’s independence. Whether you’re barbecuing with family, going to a party or hanging at home this dessert is sure to kick your celebration up a notch.
And did I mention it’s a much healthier version of standard strawberries and cream? Because it is. But shhhh don’t tell anyone that until after they’ve eaten them. They’re dairy free (and gluten free of course!) and are sweetened with honey instead of refined sugar. In fact, they’re really simple to make with only 5 ingredients!
Red White & Blue Strawberries for 4th of July
- 12 strawberries
- 2 cans of coconut milk full fat can
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 3 drops of natural blue food coloring
- 2 tbsp white sand sugar
- Freeze the two cans of coconut milk for at least 6 hours. I put them in the freezer the night before.
- Open the cans and scoop out the coconut cream into a mixing bowl, discarding the liquid. I use two cans because the idea is to get 1/2 cup of coconut cream and sometimes 1 can isn't quite enough.
- Add the honey.
- Mix on medium-high for 4 minutes to make coconut whipped cream until you start to see some peaks.
- Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the strawberries. Set aside.
- Place 2/3 of the coconut whipped cream into a bowl and add the natural food coloring. We use India Tree. Stir it up with a spoon until you get the desired color.
- Dip the strawberry in the blue coconut whipped cream, turning it 3 times until it's coated nicely. Make sure you leave some room at the top for the red layer.
- Place the dipped strawberries on a plate and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Dip the bottom of the strawberries into a second bowl with the remaining white coconut whipped cream.
- Dip the white part of the strawberries into white sand sugar. This is optional for those wanting to avoid refined sugar, simply skip this step.
- Place them back on the plate and into the refrigerator until you're ready to serve them.
Time Saver Suggestion: If you don't have time to make the coconut whipped cream from scratch, buy some So Delicious Coco Whip and follow the rest of the steps above.
Pin for Later:
From our family to yours, Happy 4th of July!!