One of our family’s favorite meals to make for dinner is tacos. It’s a favorite for me because it’s so easy to prepare, and it’s a favorite for both my 4 year old and 19 month old because they love the way it tastes. So, it’s a win win.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. gluten free taco seasoning (we like Badia)
- 1 package of gluten free taco shells (we like Garden of Eatin)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- Gluten free salsa
- Pinch of your favorite sea salt (we like Red Hawaiian and Himalayan)
- 1/4 water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, add the ground turkey and brown it.
- Add taco seasoning and water and bring it to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the tomato into cubes and set aside in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and mix. Set aside.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients into a taco or let the kids make their own.
- Optional – Sprinkle with corn and onion, and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with salsa.
Baby/Toddler Twist: For older babies or toddlers that cannot yet handle utensils well or hold a taco, serve them a plate that has the cooked ground turkey and tomato and use the avocado for dipping.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.