This Gluten Free Protein Breakfast Bowl will give your day the healthy kickstart it needs!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I really believe that. Have you ever noticed how much more productive you are if you take the time to start the day off with a well-balanced breakfast? Sometimes having the time can be the issue though with the morning rush, especially when you are also making snacks and lunch for a child with celiac disease or other food allergies. (See tips to beat the morning school rush if you can relate).
Last week I came up with a super healthy breakfast bowl that is very easy to make. It’s packed with protein and veggies and is both kid and adult approved. If you make the quinoa the night before, and make enough for several days then it literally takes less than 10 minutes to make this breakfast…that’s right less than 10 minutes!
Gluten Free Protein Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 6 organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup organic spinach
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg or 2 eggs if you're making it for two children
- Sliced avocado
- Heat one large pan over medium heat, adding 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
- Take out your ingredients, cut the tomatoes in half, wash your spinach and set your egg to the side.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes to the pan, spread one on each side.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the tomatoes to the spinach pan, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your egg to the pan and cook it to your liking. We prefer it over medium, and so we flip it half way through but you can scramble the eggs if you prefer.
- Line a bowl with re-heated quinoa and your cooked spinach, cherry tomatoes and egg.
- Slice avocado on top, sprinkle with seasoning.