Garlic roasted red potatoes have minimal prep and pair well with almost any main dish.
As the school year is winding down, I find that our house seems to be getting busier and busier. Whether it’s going to celebrations, after school activities, or just the hustle and bustle associated with getting ready for summer, dinner time seems to pop up faster these days. For that reason, I’ve been relying on meals with easy prep and side dishes are a big part of that.
Garlic roasted red potatoes are a staple side dish in our house. I love how they pair nicely with so many dishes (roast chicken, grilled salmon, steak, eggs, roasted chickpeas, you name it!). Plus, they are so simple to make, which is key for me during the busy weekdays. They take 10 minutes to prepare just like my 10 minute green beans, leaving me plenty of time to play with my kids after a busy work day. Here’s the recipe we use in our house. I hope you enjoy it!
Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
- 4 large red potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, dry and cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces, small cubes.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Add the potatoes, garlic and onion to a large ziploc bag.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to the bag and mix it up to make sure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, we usually do 1/2 teaspoon of each but increase that if you like saltier foods.
- Add the parsley and seal the bag.
- Shake the bag up for 20 seconds to make sure all of the ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour the potato mixture into a glass safe baking dish and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and fork tender.