Atlanta GFAF Expo Finds
I recently attended the Gluten Free Allergen Friendly Expo in Atlanta, which was a lot of fun! I was lucky enough to sample tons of gluten free foods, some that were brand new to the market and others that were just new to me. I also met some amazing people who were kind enough to share the stories of how their brands started and why they create products for the celiac and gluten free community.
As Celiac Disease Awareness Month comes to an end, I feel grateful that there are so many options for those following a gluten free diet, and for the GFAF Expo for bringing delicious products directly to the consumers. One thing in particular that I found really helpful was that many of the brands had handouts on where to find their foods or grocery store request forms that people can bring to their local stores. While there are a lot of gluten free products, it can be difficult at times to find them when you’re grocery shopping, so this was a huge help!
Here’s a rundown of some of the awesome products I sampled (in alphabetical order). I encourage you to look for them at your local grocery stores and give them a try!
- Aleia’s makes gluten free cookies, breadcrumbs, croutons, and stuffing. All of their products are certified gluten free and non-GMO project certified.
- B Free makes gluten free wraps, pita, rolls, bread, and bagels. All of their products are certified gluten free, vegan and non-GMO.
- Enjoy Life Foods makes cookies, bars, baking mixes, ProBurst energy bites, baking chocolate, and plentils chips. All of their products are certified gluten free, non-GMO and free of the top 8 most common allergens.
- Freedom Foods makes cereal, bars and snack packs that are kid-friendly. All of their products are gluten free, and free from dairy, soy, egg, nuts, sesame, artificial ingredients and GMOs.
- Grab the Gold makes a gluten free energy snack bar that is vegan and also free of dairy and preservatives.
- I Heart Keenwah makes quinoa puffs, clusters, hot cereal, chocolate puffs and toasted quinoa. Their products are certified gluten free and non-GMO project verified.
- Massel makes gluten free seasoning and bouillon in liquid form or cubes. Their products are gluten free, vegan and non-GMO.
- Milton’s Craft Bakers makes gluten free crackers, baked chips and cookies. Their gluten free products are certified gluten free and non-GMO project verified.
- NurturMe makes cookies, cereals, puffed snacks, power blends and fruit + veggie snacks for babies, toddlers, and kids. All of their products are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free, as well as non-GMO, certified organic, and kosher.
- Path of Life makes organic and all natural frozen quinoa side dishes, vegetable side dishes, smoothies,vegetables, fruit and dark chocolate covered fruit. All of their products are naturally gluten free, and regularly tested. They are also in the process of obtaining gluten free certification.
- Perfectly Free makes allergy-friendly frozen treats. All of their products are certified gluten free, free of the top 8 most common allergens, vegan friendly and non-GMO.